What is Uconnect®?
What is Uconnect®?
Uconnect® is the advanced infotainment system new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and RAM are equipped with to provide the maximum of important information and in-vehicle entertainment possible. If you’re wondering “What is Uconnect®?” or “How does Uconnect® work?” Then you’ve come to the right place. Here we’ll discuss what Uconnect® does for Georgetown and Cameron drivers, how to operate some of its features, and more. If you have any questions about Uconnect®, how to get the most out of your vehicle’s infotainment system, or anything else, contact us and check out our car buying tips today!
Uconnect®: Features and Amenities
Uconnect® includes a suite of excellent features that will help you on every College Station journey. Here are a few of the features and amenities Uconnect® brings to the table:
- SiriusXM Guardian™ and Uconnect® Access: Connect with your vehicle no matter where you are once you have combined these features. Find your vehicle location, remotely start your car, and even send directions from your phone straight to your Uconnect® system.
- Audio Options: Find and play the music you want through various audio options. SiriusXM™, Bluetooth® streaming, and HD Radio™ are all available for you to use. Connect up to ten devices so everyone can join in on the fun.
- Available 4G Wi-Fi®: Browse the internet, check your email, and more from up to 50 feet away from your vehicle with built-in Wi-Fi®. Try out this feature through a trial version, or take part in the day passes or subscription services.
- Voice-Command: Voice-command allows you to make calls, reply to text messages, set up navigation, select music without taking your hands off the wheel.
- Navigation: When you opt for the Uconnect® Navigation package, you’ll have the benefit of 3-D generated maps with turn-by-turn navigation, so you can easily find your way to Taylor, TX’s best restaurants and beautiful parks. SiriusXM® Traffic Plus and Travel Link can also give you a boost with up-to-date weather and traffic reports.
- Entertainment: Access the Uconnect® Theater in larger CDJR models so you and your passengers can game, watch movies, or go online on one of the dual 10-inch touchscreens. Connect your Apple and Android device through Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™.
How Does Uconnect® Work: Can You Turn Uconnect® Off?
In order to allow you access to its features at all times, Uconnect® is on when your vehicle is on, but many aspects of the system can be switched off, muted, or otherwise disabled when the situation calls for it. The radio can be muted, the screen can be turned off, and text message alerts can be turned off by pressing the “Phone” button, saying “setup, incoming SMS message announcement” and responding “yes” when asked if you want it turned off.
Explore Uconnect® at Nyle Maxwell CDJR of Taylor
All new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram vehicles come with Uconnect®, so no matter which one you choose you’ll have a state of the art infotainment system at your fingertips. To learn more about Uconnect® features and procedures, contact our service department, or stop by our showroom!
More From Nyle Maxwell CDJR of Taylor
Power, speed, and attitude are the primary ingredients of any muscle car, and color is a critical part of that. Your Challenger needs to reflect your chosen attitude with purpose, so Dodge Challenger colors have always been meant to convey a wide range of styles. Below, we’ll go over the Dodge Challenger exterior colors…
The JL generation of Jeep Wrangler includes an awesome array of paint options. From the wild to the subtle, we’ll go over the many Jeep Wrangler colors below. If you have any questions about new Jeep Wrangler colors, or any other aspect of the Jeep Wrangler, be sure to get in touch with us…
There’s a RAM 1500 for everyone, thanks to the RAM 1500 trim levels. The RAM 1500 trims include such well-respected names as the RAM 1500 Big Horn and RAM 1500 Laramie, both of which make for excellent cruisers and working vehicles in the Georgetown and Cameron areas. Here at Nyle Maxwell CDJR of Taylor we offer information and…