How Much Can a 2020 RAM 1500 Tow?
How much can a 2020 RAM 1500 tow? Enough to earn a Best-In-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. When outfitted with the proper equipment, a RAM 1500 can tow up to 12,750 pounds. That’s true for both the 2020 model year and the 2021 model year! Whether you’re hauling equipment to the Georgetown jobsite or towing a camper for a weekend getaway in Cameron, the RAM 1500 towing capacity is at the head of its class. Learn more about the new RAM 1500 towing capacity, then check out our new RAM 1500 inventory!
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
Providing varying ranges of performance among trim levels, the 2020 RAM 1500 engine options offer a diverse range so you can find the performance capability that suits your needs. Depending on whether you’re a habitual heavy tower or completing the occasional towing task, the RAM 1500 towing capacity delivers anywhere from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine—produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine—produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine—produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine—produces up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
RAM Features for Easier Towing
How much can a RAM 1500 tow can differ depending on the enhancements provided by your RAM 1500 towing features. Offering some of the best towing features in its class, the RAM 1500 towing capacity can easily help you tow equipment through College Station.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the RAM 1500 earn up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power on Cameron and College Station roads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: This available tailgate has a 60/40 split gate, offering more ways to access the bed while still being able to handle demanding loads.
Learn More about the 2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity with Nyle Maxwell CDJR of Taylor!
Have questions about the RAM 1500 towing capacity and towing accessories? Order RAM 1500 parts online! If you’re ready to move forward with buying or leasing, contact our finance team! Our expert finance team can answer any questions, like how to trade in a car and can walk you through the finance application process!
More from Nyle Maxwell CDJR of Taylor
How much can the Jeep Grand Cherokee tow? When it’s properly-equipped, the Jeep Grand Cherokee towing capacity maxes out at 7,200 pounds! That’s plenty to tow most any midsize to large boat, horse trailer, or set of ATVs, among other things. Want to learn more about the Jeep Grand Cherokee towing capacity, engine specs, and…
Everybody knows that new Jeep SUVs provide impressive 4×4 capability. The Trail-Rated® has become a ubiquitous symbol of off-road prowess. But maybe fewer people know just how comfortable and feature-packed new Jeep models like the Compass compact SUV truly are. Looking to learn more about Jeep interiors? From the highbrow Jeep Compass Altitude interior…
Find the next SUV designed to keep up with your active, modern lifestyle in the new 2021 Jeep Cherokee. Whether you’re in traffic on the roads of Georgetown or packing up the family for a weekend adventure around Taylor, you’ll look great while equipped for any situation. Customize your experience by choosing from the eight…