2018 Ram 2500 Towing Capacity
If you’re in need of superior towing power in Cameron, you’ve likely come across the 2018 Ram 2500. As a heavy duty truck, the 2500 is designed to haul larger equipment or more cargo to complete even your toughest jobs. Read on to learn how the towing capacity of the Ram 2500 differs between its three engine options to see which is the right choice for you.
How Much Can a Ram 2500 Tow?
- Even with its standard engine, the Ram 2500 achieves a hefty maximum towing capacity of 13,890 pounds and a maximum payload capacity of 3,060 pounds.
- With the 6.4L HEMI® V8 engine, this Ram truck has a Best-In-Class max towing capacity of 16,320 pounds and a 3,990-pound max payload capacity.
- If you’re in need of even more power, choose the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine, which grants the Ram 2500 with a max towing capacity of 17,980 pounds, and a max payload capacity of 3,160 pounds.
Ram 2500 Engine Specs
- Standard: The Ram 2500 comes with a standard 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine with Variable Valve Timing that delivers 383 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
- Upgrade: The upgraded engine is a 6.4L HEMI® V8 that delivers best-in-class gas 410 hp and 429 lb-ft of torque.
- Diesel: Finally, the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine delivers a whopping 370 hp and 800 lb-ft of torque.
Ready to Experience the 2018 Ram 2500 Towing Capacity?
If you think the Ram 2500 might be the right vehicle for you, feel free to make the trip from Georgetown to our Taylor dealership to see it in person. Our staff will be happy to answer any questions you have about the abilities of this model, or show you any other models from our lineup that might suit your needs. Contact us today at Nyle Maxwell CDJR of Taylor to set up a test drive, or learn more about the 2500 by seeing how it compares to the Ford F-250. Be sure to take a look at Jeep Grand Cherokee towing capacity if you would like to take your search in a different direction!
More From Nyle Maxwell CDJR of Taylor:
How much can a 2020 RAM 1500 tow? Enough to earn a Best-In-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. When outfitted with the proper equipment, a RAM 1500 can tow up to 12,750 pounds. Whether you’re hauling equipment to the Georgetown jobsite or towing a camper for a weekend getaway in Cameron, the RAM 1500 towing…
Some vehicles are available in one trim and you can add packages to that trim. Others offer just one or two trim level choices. The 2020 Jeep Cherokee, by contrast, provides you five trim models and three unique packages you can add to select trims for impressive customization potential. At Nyle Maxwell CDJR of Taylor, we’re here to…
If you’re shopping near Georgetown for a sturdy and reliable pickup truck, look no further than the light-duty 2020 RAM 1500. This dependable vehicle offers six trim levels providing a diverse variety of features suitable for drivers of all stripes. Learn more about the new RAM 1500 trim levels below! Learn MoreNew RAM 1500 Contact…