2018 Ram 2500 Towing Capacity
If you’re in need of superior towing power in Cameron, you’ve likely come across the 2018 Ram 2500. As a heavy duty truck, the 2500 is designed to haul larger equipment or more cargo to complete even your toughest jobs. Read on to learn how the towing capacity of the Ram 2500 differs between its three engine options to see which is the right choice for you.
How Much Can a Ram 2500 Tow?
- Even with its standard engine, the Ram 2500 achieves a hefty maximum towing capacity of 13,890 pounds and a maximum payload capacity of 3,060 pounds.
- With the 6.4L HEMI® V8 engine, this Ram truck has a Best-In-Class max towing capacity of 16,320 pounds and a 3,990-pound max payload capacity.
- If you’re in need of even more power, choose the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine, which grants the Ram 2500 with a max towing capacity of 17,980 pounds, and a max payload capacity of 3,160 pounds.
Ram 2500 Engine Specs
- Standard: The Ram 2500 comes with a standard 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine with Variable Valve Timing that delivers 383 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
- Upgrade: The upgraded engine is a 6.4L HEMI® V8 that delivers best-in-class gas 410 hp and 429 lb-ft of torque.
- Diesel: Finally, the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine delivers a whopping 370 hp and 800 lb-ft of torque.
Ready to Experience the 2018 Ram 2500 Towing Capacity?
If you think the Ram 2500 might be the right vehicle for you, feel free to make the trip from Georgetown to our Taylor dealership to see it in person. Our staff will be happy to answer any questions you have about the abilities of this model, or show you any other models from our lineup that might suit your needs. Contact us today at Nyle Maxwell CDJR of Taylor to set up a test drive, or learn more about the 2500 by seeing how it compares to the Ford F-250. Be sure to take a look at Jeep Grand Cherokee towing capacity if you would like to take your search in a different direction!
More From Nyle Maxwell CDJR of Taylor:
The best things to do in Taylor, TX offer everything from hikes through the park to a unique look at the Lone Star State’s history. Just a few highlights would have to include: Visiting the Historic Downtown Area Taking in a Show at the Howard Theatre Getting Active at a Public Park Learning Texas History…
There are six available 2019 Jeep Cherokee configurations for you to choose from, each one offering more of the great features you’ve come to expect from Jeep. Drivers can opt for the on-budget Latitude or the top-tier Overland, and they’ll have plenty of options in between. Whichever you choose to buy or lease, your Cameron…
Before fully loading or hooking up to a trailer, the 2019 RAM 1500 weight ranges from 4,798 to 5,374 pounds. This pickup was designed with you in mind with highly capable towing and max payload capacities. When it comes to the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR), the 1500 falls between 6,800 and 7,100 pounds. Nyle Maxwell CDJR of Taylor…