2018 Ram 2500 Towing Capacity
If you’re in need of superior towing power in Cameron, you’ve likely come across the 2018 Ram 2500. As a heavy duty truck, the 2500 is designed to haul larger equipment or more cargo to complete even your toughest jobs. Read on to learn how the towing capacity of the Ram 2500 differs between its three engine options to see which is the right choice for you.
How Much Can a Ram 2500 Tow?
- Even with its standard engine, the Ram 2500 achieves a hefty maximum towing capacity of 13,890 pounds and a maximum payload capacity of 3,060 pounds.
- With the 6.4L HEMI® V8 engine, this Ram truck has a Best-In-Class max towing capacity of 16,320 pounds and a 3,990-pound max payload capacity.
- If you’re in need of even more power, choose the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine, which grants the Ram 2500 with a max towing capacity of 17,980 pounds, and a max payload capacity of 3,160 pounds.
Ram 2500 Engine Specs
- Standard: The Ram 2500 comes with a standard 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine with Variable Valve Timing that delivers 383 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
- Upgrade: The upgraded engine is a 6.4L HEMI® V8 that delivers best-in-class gas 410 hp and 429 lb-ft of torque.
- Diesel: Finally, the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine delivers a whopping 370 hp and 800 lb-ft of torque.
Ready to Experience the 2018 Ram 2500 Towing Capacity?
If you think the Ram 2500 might be the right vehicle for you, feel free to make the trip from Georgetown to our Taylor dealership to see it in person. Our staff will be happy to answer any questions you have about the abilities of this model, or show you any other models from our lineup that might suit your needs. Contact us today at Nyle Maxwell CDJR of Taylor to set up a test drive, or learn more about the 2500 by seeing how it compares to the Ford F-250. Be sure to take a look at Jeep Grand Cherokee towing capacity if you would like to take your search in a different direction!
More From Nyle Maxwell CDJR of Taylor:
If your RAM pickup takes the heat from your rugged lifestyle around Georgetown, adding RAM 1500 seat covers to your ride is the perfect way to keep your cabin clean while supplying a personal touch. Learn how these accessories can keep your truck clean and easy to maintain with help from the experts at Nyle Maxwell CDJR of Taylor….
You’re navigating the roads of Georgetown in your RAM 1500 when suddenly, you notice an amber light pop up on your dashboard – what do you do? Luckily, learning how to reset check engine light on RAM 1500 models is not difficult. However, it might be a sign that it’s time to head to the…
The all-new 2019 RAM 1500 reaches up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway when properly equipped with a 3.6L V6 Pentastar engine, the eTorque system, and rear-wheel drive. But that’s not all! RAM 1500 gas mileage is sure to impress with best-in-class 4×4 fuel economy as well. Explore RAM 1500 fuel economy with the team…